FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 88, Lipscomb 50
Team Records and Series Notes
• Kentucky is 7-3 on the season and Lipscomb is 4-5.
• Kentucky leads the series 2-0, with both games in Lexington.
o UK is now 10-3 all-time against teams from the current alignment of the Atlantic Sun Conference.
• UK concludes its five-game homestand Saturday against Marshall. The game will be at 4:00 and will be
televised on ESPN2.
• Kentucky started with the lineup of Ryan Harrow, Julius Mays, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress and
Nerlens Noel for the first time.
• The game was tied at two each, then Kentucky led the rest of the game.
• Kentucky scored the last six points to take a 43-29 lead into the intermission, the Wildcats’ largest
advantage of the half.
• Lipscomb cut the lead to 10 points on three occasions early in the second half, but never got it back into
• Ahead 53-39, Kentucky closed the game with a 35-11 run.
• Kentucky held Lipscomb to 50 points. UK is 26-0 under Coach John Calipari when limiting opponents to 55
or fewer points.
• Lipscomb shot 35.4 percent from the field, including just 21.7 percent in the second half.
• Kentucky is 5-0 this season when holding the opponent under 40 percent.
Kentucky tied a season-high with 22 3-point attempts, making eight.
•Kentucky won bench points 41-12 and points in the paint 46-22.
Kyle Wiltjer had his first collegiate double-double with 23 points and a career-high 12 rebounds.
o UK’s first 20-10 game since Michael Kidd-Gilchrist vs. Indiana in the NCAA Tournament.
o It is his second 20-point game of the season and third of his career.
o Tied his season high for points and his career best for 3-pointers, both accomplished vs. Lafayette.
Ryan Harrow scored a season-high 12 points, his first double-figure game as a Wildcat.
o Harrow had his season high in consecutive games, scoring eight vs. Portland and 12 today.
o Also had a season-best two steals.
•Archie Goodwin had 10 points and four assists.
o Goodwin has scored in double figures in every game but one this season.
o Goodwin has at least four assists in seven-straight games.
•Alex Poythress had 11 points and four rebounds.
o His fourth-straight game to score in double digits.
Nerlens Noel totaled seven points, nine rebounds, seven blocked shots and four steals.
o Noel has at least six rebounds in every game this season.
o Tied his season high for blocked shots, accomplished in consecutive games.
o First player with seven blocks in consecutive games since Anthony Davis last season vs.
Tennessee and LSU.
•Julius Mays had seven points and a season-high six rebounds.
•Willie Cauley-Stein had eight points and season highs with four assists and three steals.
•Jarrod Polson scored seven points, his best since the Lafayette game on Nov. 16.