Kentucky-Auburn Postgame Notes. Kentucky 75, Auburn 53
- Kentucky improves to 12-5 overall and 3-1 in Southeastern Conference action with the win. Auburn falls to 8-9 overall and 2-2 in league play.
- UK now leads the series with Auburn 87-17 and 29-13 when the game is played in Auburn, Ala. The Wildcats have won 14-straight in the series and have not lost to the Tigers since 2000.
- The Wildcats have claimed 28 of the last 29 meetings in the series.
- Kentucky returns to action on Tuesday, Jan. 22 when UK travels to Tuscaloosa, Ala., for a date with the Crimson Tide at 9 p.m. ET.
Team Game Notes
- UK used the starting combination of Archie Goodwin, Ryan Harrow, Julius Mays, Nerlens Noel and Alex Poythress for the third time this season and is 3-0 when using that combination.
- Nerlens Noel opened the scoring for the third time this season.
- Kyle Wiltjer was the first sub off the bench for the Blue and White. He's been the first sub for UK on four occasions this season.
- Wiltjer connected on Kentucky's first 3-point attempt of the game at the three-minute mark of the first half to extend UK's 3-point streak to 844 consecutive games which is a standard that ranks as the third longest such streak in the nation.
- The Wildcats carried a 30-25 lead into the locker room at half time. UK is 12-0 when leading at the break.
- The Blue and White led the rebounding battle by a 43-30 margin. The Wildcats improve to 10-2 when winning the battle of the boards.
- Kentucky earned a 27-point lead in the second half. It was the largest lead in league play this season.
- UK connected on .545 percent of its shots and improves to 6-0 when shooting above .500 for the game.
- The Wildcats improved to 71-1 under John Calipari when holding opponents to 63 or fewer points, and 30-0 in the Calipari era when opponent scores below 55.
Individual Player Notes
#3 Nerlens Noel
- Swatted three or more opponent attempts in five-straight outings, and has six or more in the last three games. He matched a career-high with seven tonight and has reached that total on four occasions this season.
- Has pulled down at least six rebounds in every game this season.
- Reached double-figure scoring in every SEC game this season with 10 points in tonight's win.
#4 Jon Hood
- Saw his first game action since playing nine minutes against Lipscomb Dec. 15.
#5 Jarrod Polson
- With a tip-in late in the first half, he scored his first career points in SEC action and the first since scoring a pair against Eastern Michigan. The junior logged an SEC career-high six points in the win.
- Registered his first career block.
#10 Archie Goodwin
- Logged a career-high seven rebounds in conference action.
- Had a career-high tying three steals.
- Scored in double-figures in all but three games this season following a 12-point performance tonight.
- Notched his team-leading sixth three-point play this season at the 13:00 minute mark in the second half.
#12 Ryan Harrow
- With 12 points tonight, he has now scored in double-figures in eight-straight contests.
- Passed out multiple assists in 11-straight games, and matched a UK career-high with eight dimes in tonight's victory.
#22 Alex Poythress
- Has registered at least six rebounds in every SEC game this season.
- Notched double-figure scoring in three-straight games and 12 total games this season.
- Made 9-of-11 free throws over the last three games.
#33 Kyle Wiltjer
- Has made at least one 3-point attempt in all but three games this season.
- Matched a career-high with five assists, a feat he last achieved against LIU Brooklyn earlier this season.
- Scored an SEC career-high tying 17-points marking consecutive double-figure scoring outings in SEC action for the first time in his career.
#34 Julius Mays
- Connected on at least one 3-pointer in six-straight games, and multi 3's in three-straight games.
- Passed out three assists and no turnovers and has a 28-to-7 assist-to-turnover ratio over the last 10 games.